Monday, May 25, 2009

Hockey stick art prices

I absently turned the pages of the art folios, to look at intense Bikash Bhattacharjee paintings and modern Shibu Natesan works. The prints looked good enough to frame. God, there was so much amazing art out there. On the back page, I found a section on pricing. Indian art prices charted for the past ten years.

Holy cow! I flipped up, ramrod straight against the soft pillows. I knew art prices were increasing tremendously. I knew art had gone from aesthetic to investment category. I knew art had gone from collectors market to traders market. But not this! This was a hockey stick shown here, I gasped. It was simply going up and up and up. Why did I not start investing in art ten years ago? I must acquire a few new pieces before it’s too late.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment